The Nebraska Optometric Association's Leadership Institute was created to identify, educate, inspire, and empower a community of leaders to become engaged advocates for the profession. Since 2011, the Leadership Institute has succeeded in providing recently-licensed optometrists (licensed for 10 years or less) in Nebraska the opportunity to enhance their abilities as successful practitioners and leaders in the profession and in their community.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS LEARN
- Opportunities and challenges facing your profession
- Perspectives from leaders for your career and your practice
- Keys to successful leadership-in your practice, your community, and your profession ® Your personal strengths and leadership attributes
- How to be a more effective advocate for your profession
- Opportunities for engagement and making an impact
Each year only a few NOA members are accepted into this elite program. Persons nominated for this program must be NOA members in good standing who have been licensed optometrists for ten years or less, and who have shown leadership potential when serving their profession, their patients, and their community.